Envirowater’s ozone generator for swimming pools and spas: kinder to bathers, kinder to equipment—and on your pocket!
Is a swimming pool that’s bacteria- and chlorine-free, safer to swim in, and easier to maintain, yet still sparkling clear with unmatched water clarity, possible? As the most pool- and bather-friendly product on the market, Envirowater’s ozone generator condemns bathers’ burning-red eyes to history, killing germs without the use of chlorine!Envirowater’s ozone generator for pools kills spore-generating bacteria, viruses, and mould fast, leaving your pool brilliantly clear, safer to swim in, and easier to look after—but with no harmful side-effects! Ranging in size from 1-10 gram per hour (gm/hr) ozone output, Envirowater’s range of low maintenance pool ozone generators provides not just a powerful sanitiser for your pool, 24 hours a day, but also an effective—and healthier—alternative to chlorine. Supplied either as standalone units or as DIY pool kits, they can be fitted to any pool up to 100 000 litres in minutes, with a variable ozone output control to adjust ozone levels. The Envirowater range can also be used for water purification and sewerage treatment applications, converting contaminated water into potable water in mere seconds.
What happens in your swimming pool?EACH swimmer brings into the pool:
- 300-400 million bacteria
- 5 gr. of organic matter
- 30-50 cc of urine
But ozone takes care of it!A potent sanitiser and disinfectant, Envirowater’s ozone treatment solution for pools is kinder to both bathers and equipment. No more dried out skin, bleached hair or faded swimwear. And no more undesirable residuals and chloramine build-up.
- Reduces the number of chemicals required and removes the unpleasant side-effects these chemicals create
- Expels sulfides from the water, the main cause of unpleasant chemical odours
- Improves the performance of your filtration equipment
- Produces softer water that leaves your skin silky and smooth
- Is tasteless and non-irritating to the eyes, throat and nasal passages
Why do ozone-treated pools have the edge?
Ozone kills all bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites…fast!A famous 1999 study found that 88% of pool waters tested had mycobacteria present, but with its superior ability to destroy pathogenic microorganisms more effectively than other chemical treatments, ozone has powerful disinfecting properties, killing spore-forming bacteria, algae and virus cells 3 000 times faster than chlorine. Cryptosporidium parvum, a leading cause of diarrhea and other waterborne diseases, is resistant to chlorination but is inactivated by ozonation. Studies have further shown ozone to be effective in reducing populations of coliforms, E. coli, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa by at least 99% in waste waters.
Save on maintenance costsIn comparison to chlorine, ozone treatment is virtually maintenance free.
- Dramatically reduces chemical consumption
- Reduces total dissolved solids (TDS), so you don’t have to drain the pool, saving on water and chemical costs
- Increases flocculation of organic wastes, thus improving the effectiveness of your pool’s sand filtration system
- Prolongs the life of pool equipment with less calcium build-up and calcium carbonate scaling on your pool’s plaster
- Prevents overdosing, unlike with wasteful, manually added chemicals
- Reduces pool cleaning frequency, with a weekly, rather than every other day, chemical check
A crystal-clear pool with unmatched water clarityOzone is an excellent flocculent, which arises from its unique ability to combine small insoluble particles that would normally pass through a filter, into larger particles that can be effectively trapped by the filter. This process, known as flocculation, leaves your pool crystal clear with unmatched water clarity.
- Reduces TDS by coagulating particles
- Has neutral pH, so the pool’s pH level remains unaffected by ozone treatment
- Is not pH dependent, making it effective regardless of the pool pH
- Neutralises body oils, soaps and their suds
Why not just use chlorine?Traditionally, an oxidising chemical like chlorine has been the ‘go-to’ standard in water treatment. However, viruses and bacteria can build up a tolerance to chlorine and exist in even well chlorinated pools. In addition, an imbalance in a pool’s pH or build-up of total dissolved solids (TDS) in a pool can dramatically reduce chlorine’s effectiveness. In contrast, nothing can build up resistance to ozone: neither a high TDS count nor incorrect pH will impair its oxidising ability. Furthermore, chemical additions unsettle the pH balance of pool water, but with the use of ozone, the pool is able to stabilise, with less effort (and chemicals) required to maintain correct water balance. The use of ozone ensures a water-safe pool under all conditions.
Ozone versus Chlorine
- Is produced on site continuously—no need to store toxic chemicals which can break down, becoming ineffective in storage or risking spillage or inadvertent release
- Is a stronger oxidising agent and disinfectant than chlorine
- Kills a greater range of organisms with a quicker kill time than chlorine
- Is not affected by water pH levels, nor does it affect the pH of water
A guaranteed water-safe pool, with no harmful by-productsAnother important drawback to chemical disinfection is the generation of by-products, which have harmful effects on human health. A key advantage of ozone over other types of disinfectants is that it reverts back to oxygen within 15 to 30 minutes after use. Chlorine on the other hand decomposes into trihalomethanes, which have been shown to increase the incidence of kidney, bladder and colon cancer. Another by-product of chlorine, acting in combination with urine and/or perspiration, are chloramines, which cause eye and skin irritation.
Will ozone damage my pool equipment?The simple answer is ‘No!’ Once ozone dissolves in water, it’s not any more aggressive than any other oxidising chemical. Most modern equipment is manufactured with ‘ozone-resistant’ materials, so few problems can be expected. Avoid however exposing natural rubber or nylon materials to high levels of dissolved ozone.
Will I still have to use chemicals in the pool?Yes, but only nominally so, with the possible exception of occasional shock treatment in cold weather at the beginning of the pool season. To ensure pool water remains PH-balanced, we recommend bromide instead of chlorine for residual disinfection and algae destruction. The bromine reacts with algae and turns to bromide. The bromide that’s released as a by-product recombines with ozone to form bromine, restarting the cycle all over again. Central in all of this is ensuring there is sufficient filtration to safeguard the work-rate and efficiency of both ozone and bromide. You can never ‘over-filter’ your pool—and the nominal extra electricity costs you incur will be more than offset by the savings you make in using less chemicals.
Olympic OzoneSince its first use in swimming pool water treatment in the 1950’s, there are now over 30,000 ozone-treated swimming pools in Europe alone. Ozone has been used to purify Olympic pools since the 1986 Los Angeles Olympics when athletes refused to swim in a chlorine-purified pool. Most recently the Sydney Aquatic Centre pool water was treated with ozone. Well-known water parks using ozone to treat their water include:
- Disneyland and Disney World, for all their water features
- Mirage Resort, Las Vegas
- San Diego Zoo, for its marine and aquatic habitats
- Vancouver Aquarium, for its sea mammal support systems
- Universal Studios: Hollywood, for its “Jurassic Park” amusement ride on water
|Model Input Input Power High Frequency Ozone Output Ozone Cell Ozone Distribution Input Air Inlet/Outlet Cooling Fuse Cell Protection Electronic Protection Enclosure DimensionsWeight Max Ambient Temperature Pool Sizing Mounting Guarantee / Warranty||: ENBF-2000 / 4000 / 8000 : 220 VAC @ 50Hz : 65 / 80 / 110 Watts : 18kHz to 30kHz : 2000 / 4000 / 8000 mg/Hr : Quartz glass and Stainless Steel : Air Pump / Venturi ( optional extras ) : 1 Bar Max : Fits 4-7mm ID tube : Internal Fan : 1.6A / 2A Fast Blow : Air Filter & Non-return Valve : Over-Temperature Protection : Polycarbonate : 280mm H x 145mm W x 140mm D : 340mm H x 235mm W x 140mm D : 2.5 / 2.75 / 4.5 kg : 30° C : < 30 000 / < 50 000 / <100 000 litres : Polycarbonate Mounting Feet : 1 year ( terms & conditions apply )|